CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Clowning Around

I had an absolutely amazing time creating this 3-D clown in a class taught by the amazing Bronwen Weber. The structure of the cake is made using a system called "cake bones", created by Francois Long and Bronwen Weber. I loved the class and was thrilled to meet Bronwen (she is one of my husbands favourites from all the Food Network Cake challenges).

This cake is 1oo% edible (aside from the internal support structure). The legs and arms are covered in lots of delicious chocolate modeling paste before they are covered in fondant. The "cake" is the torso of the clown.
Please contact me if you are interested in more information about 3-D cakes and pricing. 3-D cakes can be customized to fit your occasion and theme. I will be recreating this cake at Christmas with a 3-D Santa Clause!!!

0 comments: