CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Stanley Cup



I made a 50th birthday cake for family friends a couple of weekends ago. I turned out okay...but there are a few things I would change about it. I decided to experiment and make my own fondant for the first time. The fondant turned out great....it was super easy to do, but when I was covering the cake with the fondant, I noticed that it cracked a lot more than the pre-made fondant I usually use. Next time I experiment with homemade fondant, it will be on a cake for my eyes only :) The next thing I would have changed is the size of the "cup" on top. I had made a larger version, but for some reason the gumpaste wasn't hardening. I didn't have time to make more gumpaste, so I had to use what was left over....thus the cup was a lot smaller than I would have liked it to be. I thought it turned out pretty good. Rusty (birthday boy) is a Toronto Maple Leaf's fan, so I couldn't resist putting some Leaf's logo's on it.

0 comments: